Like fruits, feeding vegetables is also good for dogs. It adds a good nutrient diet. Some vegetables should be served cook, while some may be given raw. Always be cautious in their diet, improper diet may cause many serious problems.
Good Vegetables for doggies:
- Vegetables are rich in vitamins, minerals and good in fiber.
- Vegetables such as pumpkin, carrot, green beans, peas, cucumber can be rinsed thoroughly and thinly sliced and can be given raw.
- Cauliflower, Broccoli, cabbage should be given streamed.
- Sweet Potatoes are liked by dogs when it is given dehydrated.
- Potatoes should be boiled and given, while raw one is very toxic.
- While ripped tomatoes are good for dog, unripe one cause gastric problems to your pet.
Vegetables to be avoided:
- At any form onion, garlic is toxic to dog.
- Mushrooms, Corn may cause allergic issues to your dog.
About fruit diet:
- Bananas are good and safe when given peeled.
- Fruits such as apple, apricot, pear, watermelon, plum and berries should be given seedless.
- Grapes and Raisins are toxic, it should be avoided.
- Orange, Lemon, Dates and Greens are safe when given in small quantity.
While introducing a food to your puppy/dog give a small amount. Some food may be allergic to your dog or always consult your Vet before first time.
New food should be given when it is puppy in small quantity, so that they will try and accept it.
Excess eating of anything will cause problems. Quantity of any fruits and vegetables should be experienced by you.